EAHS Friends of Girls Lacrosse
Booster Club Meeting
April 8, 2015
Jackie Marsico, Jeff Marsico, Gina Grynkewicz, Ed Dietrich, Jean Dietrich, Ronda Stump, Jackie Hoover, Melissa Rivera, and Brenda Greenwalt
Jackie Marsico began the meeting at 7:06 PM.
GLAX Board approved minutes from the March 16, 2015 meeting.
- Current balance: $2,300.00; $380.00 from Concession Stand (after 2 – $25 payments for stats keeper deducted).
- To date, about $210 collected from yard sign sales.
- $377.00 from socks; 16 pairs left over. Coach Mat selling remainder to the middle school players.
Big E Booster Rep Report:
- Per Ronda on behalf of Jim Stump, requests for monthly reports have been submitted; however, none received to date.
- Sub Sale: very low participation by GLAX. In the future, more encouragement to sell may be needed, since this fundraiser is all sports teams’ one major commitment to Big E.
- Big E account funds: $125.00 Athleon software expenditure; leaving a balance of $650.00.
- WWP Charity event: Donations as of the date of this meeting: $9,150.00. Concession stand donations: Ham barbeque (Gina G.), baked goods (Brenda G.). Per Gina, more hotdogs may be needed. Jackie Marsico to post re: volunteered donations for Concession Stand. Donation jars: will be on table for Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday games. Admission to games: free, but accepting donations. Media: Jackie Marsico has notified. GLAX players to work the Concession Stand (9 am – 3 pm) for Saturday, 4/18, game. Big check ceremony on Saturday, 4/18, is at 12:45 PM. (Big check courtesy of Kevin Engle). Per Jackie Marsico, each team will have team photo taken for write up. Field decorations can be left up all week per Linda Ahern.
- Mini-Thon: Ronda reported that this year’s Mini-Thon event raised approximately $70,000. Next year’s goal is $80,000 – $100,000.
- Senior Night: Cake (Ronda); balloons (Joelle); program (Jeff M.). Varsity game is at 7:00 PM. Players will make posters on their own and bring to field for decoration.
- Banquet: Scheduled for Sunday, May 3, 2015, 5:30 – 8:30 PM. Pasta Buffet will be served at a cost of $22.00 per person. It was decided that Amanda Dietrich would be the captain to act as spokesperson, with the remaining 2 captains given 1 – 2 minutes each for brief comments, if desired. It was decided that captains would not be permitted to hand out individual player “award certificates” due to time constraints. Dara Andrews is providing favors; Melissa Rivera and Missy Greiner have volunteered to help with setup; and Jeff M. will be preparing the program. Jean will send out invitation envelopes and collect money.
- Per Coach Hoover, approximately $200.00 netted from spirit wear order. Coach Hoover is following up with regard to arrival date.
- Coach’s Report: No new updates and/or requests.
- Fundraising: Car Wash: Scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM at Fulton Bank parking lot (in Kmart shopping center). All players are strongly encouraged to participate. Per Jim Stump, have a majority of supplies from last car wash.
- Website Update: Coach Ealy is working on and hopes to have in place shortly after the season ends.
Next Meeting: To be determined.