Our 3rd Annual Assisting Our Defenders Week will begin on Monday, April 3rd with our Lady Bears taking the field against Hershey and end at home on Saturday, April 8th with the Boys lacrosse game. This past Friday the players were given a t shirt order form so they can sell shirts to family and friends to help raise awareness and funds for the wonderful veterans charity K9s For Warriors
K9s For Warriors is dedicated to providing service canines to our Warriors suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury, and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post-9/11.
Their goal is to empower them to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.
Many of our Lancaster-Lebanon League HS Boys and Girls Lacrosse teams are participating again this year. Teams will sell shirts to raise funds and use a league wide logo on the back of the t-shirts, uniting us in this effort! The front of the shirt is school specific and the color chosen for the shirts this season is in honor of our military “military green”!
Our past two AOD Weeks were very successful in raising awareness and funds for The Wounded Warrior Project($14,000) and K9s For Warriors ($7000). Let’s make our 3rd year the best yet!
- Shirt sale dates – 3/13 to 3/17
- Shirt Pricing – YL to XL = $10 ($5 goes to charity) 2XL to 4XL = $12 ($5.50 goes to charity)
- AOD Week begins Monday, April 3rd to Saturday, April 8th
- A listing of all the LL games will be posted leading up to AOD Week.
- If any of the LL League HS Lax team would like to support a different veterans charity they can do so, since the funding would still help out our vets!